In addition to technology, our Consultant Pharmacists consider clinical services and Resident-focused care to be an invaluable component of our Long Term Care and Retirement Home package, and feel that we differentiate ourselves among industry leaders in these areas. As Roulston's Pharmacy has developed its' LTC Home and Retirement Home Pharmacy Services, we have invested in the latest technology to increase the efficiency of our medication management in our partner facilities. As a result, facility nursing staff and our professional team of Consultant Pharmacists and Nurses have more time to spend on Resident care. Our Consultant Pharmacists and Registered Nurses work collaboratively with the multidisciplinary team to ensure optimal resident outcomes are achieved. Our professional team's clinical activities include, but are not limited to:
- Provision of comprehensive Medication Regimen Reviews, including the identification of drug therapy problems, possible alternative recommendations, and appropriate follow up.
- Provision of regular in-services on therapeutically relevant topics in geriatric pharmacy care.
- Participation in Resident Care conferences, particularly when drug therapy problems develop.
- Provision of creatinine clearance calculations and antiviral dosage calculations each month and an Influenza protocol, in accordance with Health Canada yearly recommendations. Consultant pharmacists work collaboratively with Public Health representatives ensuring current guidelines are followed.
- Comprehensive LTC facility diabetes program, including the provision of a detailed Resource Binder for each Resident Home Area, a hypoglycemia protocol, and an annual CME dinner for nursing staff with a keynote speaker.
- Provision of in-home Meds Check service by our LTC Consultant Pharmacists (Retirement Homes).
- Participation in facility research projects which involve medication regimens and/or medication management at the facility.
- Provision of free access to web-based drug and disease information on Lexicomp as well as our own website.